Ask a Urologist   »  

Phimosis, preputioplasty, effect of steroid ointments

I have phimosis. Need to consult a doc. for the best possible alternative. Also contacts of good urologists in Delhi. From what I've read, Preputioplasty seems like a good option. Though is circumcision the best solution? If yes, how painful and costly is it? Any sexual arousal issues with it? Also, I read somewhere that there is a special cream to loosen your foreskin. Where can I buy it?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Phimosis at a late age usually happens due to scarring of the foreskin. Just sliding over the skin might not be the cause. Infection is a more common reason.
Preputioplasty or circumcision both are equally good options and they do affect arousal or sexual performance in any way.
Treatment of phimosis skin also involves application of vitamin E creams and steroid creams like betamethasone but steroids should always be used under prescription.

Personal hygiene is very important. Clean under a retractable foreskin and always reduce it to cover the glans after cleaning. If symptoms persist then surgical treatment may be required. Surgery is a small outpateint procedure with not much complications. The procedure is not costly and varies from doctor to doctor.

I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist or a urologist and get the treatment prescribed.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.