Peripheral vision from left eye is distorted. What is this?

peripheral vision from left eye all squiggly, what it is?
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
The peripheral vision problem in one eye may have many possible causes at any level from Cornea, retina, optic nerve, optic radiation and brain cortex.
In back ground of thyroid cancer a recurrence and metastasis always a dreaded possibility. Other disorders may be degenerative diseases, infiltrative disorders, diabetes, trauma, retinitis pigmentosa etc.
So you must first pin point on the exact cause.
Appropriate steps would be to consult a local Ophthalmologist and get a fundoscopy and perimetry done. An MRI XXXXXXX with contrast would be required to rule our the possibility of thyroid tumor metastasis.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!