Periods was irregular and took mugwart herb tea. Did not have period since two months. What to do?

my periods was irregular so I took mugwart herb tea.and that's stop my period since aug 2013 its been 3 months now what do I do...I m not pregnant
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...Mugwort tea can not be the reason for your absence of periods.
Detailed answer..
Very frankly speaking Mugwort tea can not cause your delay of periods.
In the absence of pregnancy,There can be various reasons for such delay which include medical as well as non medical reasons.
Non medical reasons include extreme stress,recent loss or gain in weight,rescheduling of your daily routine,increased physical activity,lot of travelling recently etc.
Medical reasons could be anaemia,hypothyroidism,diabetes,liver ailments,perimenopause,menopause,pituitary disorders,use of medications like antidepressants or birth control pills etc.
For finding the exact cause,you must consult your doctor for proper examination and investigations.
A proper treatment can be instituted only after the diagnosis is made.
Till you consult your doctor,do the following...
Take proper sleep.
Do regular exercises and shed your weight,if you are overweight.
Avoid alcohol
Take plenty of fresh fruits and green vegetables
Do yoga,meditation and deep breathing exercises for mental relaxation.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck