Periods late, some symptoms of pregnancy. Could I be pregnant ?

i got my period late yesterday but i have some pregnancy symptoms could i be pregnant?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
A late period- if the bleeding you are having is normal then pregnancy is not likely.
The symptoms of pregnancy -nausea, headaches, etc are all non specific and do not conclusively indicate about pregnancy. There are no sure symptoms of pregnancy.
If you are having only a mild spotting then to confirm about pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.
In case the bleeding is normal and there is no pain in the abdomen then there is nothing to worry about. Your symptoms will subside on their own in 4-5 days.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.