Period reduced to three days, heavy bleeding two days, no birth control. Why sudden change?

hi im 36 and have always had a 5 day peroids that was regular and on time .now my peroid is now gone to 3 days for the past 3 months , heavy for the first 2 days and light for the third day . Im not on birth control . why the sudden change .
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

The decrease in duration of bleeding is commonly seen associated with anemia or XXXXXXX hormonal changes. You can check your haemoglobin levels by doing blood tests. As long as the periods are normal and regular, come well on time and you do have a considerable bleeding, there is nothing to worry.

Slight variation in the number of days for which bleeding is seen is common and is not pathological. This change is within physiological limits.

Definitely I would reassure you saying that there is no major health concern with you. Do not worry. You are fine.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.