Period for a short duration in brown and pink color, had a hurt burn later. Worry?

Question
hey my name is XXXXXXX . i started my period on the 3rd and end on the 5th and it was brownish/pimkish.on the 6 7 8 i started spotting for a little bit.. IN ON THE 7 I HAD A HURTBURN..
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
The mild pinkish spotting after normal periods for two days is most likely a normal variation of your periods and nothing worrisome. If this is a one time symptom then it does not need any treatment.
Having heart burn after periods is not suggestive of pregnancy.
You can take a proton pump inhibitor like omeprazole 20 mg twice daily along with antacid like tums for symptomatic relief.
Try to have small frequent meals and avoid hot and spicy food.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Period for a short duration in brown and pink color, had a hurt burn later. Worry? 39 hours later
can I get pregnant if I smoke a cigarette.
Follow-up: Period for a short duration in brown and pink color, had a hurt burn later. Worry? 20 minutes later
what is the best way to lose weight.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

If you are taking oral contraceptives then smoking decreases the contraceptive effect of pills and makes you prone to pregnancy.

Slow and steady weight loss of no more than 1-2 pounds per week is the safest way to lose weight. Making long-term changes in your eating and physical activity habits is the only way to lose weight and keep it off!

Whether you are trying to lose weight or maintain your weight, you must improve your eating habits. Eat a variety of foods, especially pasta, rice, whole-meal bread, and other whole-grain foods. Reduce your fat-intake. You should also eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

Making physical activity a part of your daily life is an important way to help control your weight. Try to do at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day on most days of the week.

Hope my answer is helpful. Further queries are welcome.