Penis was touched by a girl. Girl had no infections. Any possibility of herpes?

I was with this girl & she touched herself on her vagina & then touched my penis,could she have given me herpes this way.
I didn't see any outbreaks or infections on her.
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If she has herpes it is possible

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Herpes is primarily spread by oral/vaginal or anal contact but can also be spread by touching or caressing any infected areas and subsequently touching someone else.

It cannot be spread by contact with inanimate objects because it cannot survive on these surfaces.

Herpes transmission occurs primarily when there is active disease with lesions present (blisters, open ulcers which are found when the blisters open).
It is possible that transmission can occur with out active lesions but this is not as common. It is half as likely compared to if there are open lesions.

The incubation period of herpes is 2 to 20 days, though on average it is about 4 to 7 days. The incubation period is the time from contact with a virus/bacteria till the time symptoms start to show up.

If you do not notice any lesions up to 20 days after contact it is not likely that you are infected.

If you remain unsure you can have a herpes test done. This is a blood test.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions