Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis is burning when urinating. Urethra is red. Prescribed fluconazol and canesten cream. Had jock's itch. Treatment?

My penis is burning when I pee, particular in the uretra zone. The uretra is very red. I notice that penis hurts when I have an erection for example.
I went to an urologist and he prescribed fluconazol as well as canesten creme. I didn't talk much about burning penis (because it's a bit worst now) so I'm not sure if the fluzonazol is for that kind of problem.

I've had 'jock's itch' before.
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
might have urethritis

Detailed Answer:
If you had sexual encounter with high risk individuals, you may have urethritis and may need to disclose this to your Urologist so he will give you adequate intramuscular antibiotic treatment.I would also suggest a urine culture to check the organism involved. Drink plenty of fluids. Best of luck.
Follow-up: Penis is burning when urinating. Urethra is red. Prescribed fluconazol and canesten cream. Had jock's itch. Treatment? 1 hour later

The only girl I've had sex (just 3 times) without protection is my girlfriend.

Can i take the fluzonazol for the burning penis when I pee?

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take Anti microbial

Detailed Answer:
I would suggest taking an antibiotic other than fluconazole. I would suggest ciprofloxacin 500mg/cap every 12 hours for 7 days but you might need a prescription to get this medicine. It is also advisable to see a urologist for a complete physical examination. Thank You.