Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis curvature, non-surgical treatment

Good day!

Am 26 years old and having downward penis curvature problem, i would like to know more about the non. surgical treatment method for this and please provide best treatment centre available in India.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

The curvature problem in the penis you have could probably be due to Peyronie's disease.

Peyronie's disease presents with fibrous scar tissue develops under the skin of the penis. The cause of this fibrous tissue is actually not known.
Sometimes the illness is associated with a cord-like thickening across the palm of one or both hands which is called Dupuytren's contracture.

The treatment plan fortunately do not consider any surgical procedures , treatment is mainly with medications the dosage and course of which can be determined after examining you in detail.

Treatments may include:

1)Corticosteroid injections into the fibrous band of tissue

2)Potaba (potassium aminobenzoate) a medicine taken by mouth is an antifibrotic in the vitamin B family. It works by increasing the oxygen supply in tissues, which helps prevent the formation of fibrous tissue.

3)Radiation therapy

4)Verapamil injection (a medicine used to treat high blood pressure)

5)Vitamin E

The best health setup to deal with such problems are many in India.If you can specify the city of your choice I shall give you best reference.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: Penis curvature, non-surgical treatment 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

If having any side effect for the above 5 treatment& Is it possible to cure this problem??? How long need to under go for treatment.

I prefer the treatment in kerala ( prefer calicut , kozhikode or cochin ) In case Banglore or chennai also possible.

If this problem will effect the sexula intercourse??

Thanking in advance
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for following me up,

The above treatments are with low side effect risk , i would not consider of any chance where the treatment options lack in your case.

The duration of the treatment as i said depend on the examination findings.

COSMODERMACARE,Dermatologist Clinic, Bangalore ( WWW.WWWW.WW ) is one of the recommended in Bangalore and Jas laser Skin Care And Cosmetology Center - Cochin Kaloor.

No , there will be no hazards to the sexual performance.

Wish you good health.