Penile yeast infection cured after taking zifi. Redness on penis appeared after masturbation. STD?

Psychiatrist
Question
hi. I was diagonised with yeast infection penis. had zifi 200 for 7 days and candid b cream. all symptoms went away. yesterday, I masturbated 3 times with oil. I notice few redNess in areas I had d infection for( redness). no pain. d tip of the penis is a little moist. I was wondering if d infection has come back?
I was also wondering if this is a precursor to hiv or std. I did have multiple commercial sexual partners but always used condoms for vaginal sex. never had anal sex and occasional oral sex (receiver).

I did a routine extensive blood screening test 2 days back and reports r normal including wbc count. should I get an std/hiv test done? if yes, what test
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 44 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX

Hello. Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

Coming to your first part of the question, yeast infections take time to heal and a seven day course is not sufficient. Probably you need to contact your doctor who may extend your treatment. Masturbation has nothing to do with increase in your yeast infection. It is the safest form of sexual expression.

Coming to the second part, condom offers some protection against HIV, AIDS and other STDs but not complete protection. Moreover you have received unprotected oral sex by a sex worker. Both these facts suggest that you should get yourself tested for HIV.

The HIV may not show changes in your WBC count until the disease has progressed a lot. You should get a serological test like PCR test for HIV . Such tests are available with thyrocare or lal lab centers. The same tests are also available for free at government medical colleges.

The test may come negative/positive but then you should accept the results and make more practical decisions.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Penile yeast infection cured after taking zifi. Redness on penis appeared after masturbation. STD? 17 minutes later
is there an hiv test which gives instant result? where can I get that done?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 12 minutes later
HIV test especially PCR test gives results in 2-3 days. I understand that you are from New-Delhi and there might be some Tyrocare lab or Lal lab near your location ( WWW.WWWW.WW . You can give the blood sample and collect results in 2-3 days.
Wish you speedy recovery.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Penile yeast infection cured after taking zifi. Redness on penis appeared after masturbation. STD? 12 minutes later
thanx. while I get d test done, given my sexual behaviour as mentioned above what I my chances of contacting hiv? hope u can understand my anxiety... also has yeast infection anything to do with hiv?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 4 minutes later
Given your sexual behavior, there is a little chance of you contracting HIV. But then one has to be cautious. Hence testing is necessary.

Secondly regarding your yeast infection, it is not something which is commonly present. Its presence can reduce your local immunity and predispose you to HIV infection if you have a contact with HIV infected person during this period. Also in last stages of HIV infection, you contract lot of fungal infection cause of reduced immunity. But then as your WBC count is normal, I dont think you should panic at thins stage.
Just go ahead step by step. Do investigate first.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Dr. Srikanth Reddy