Penile head turns red, get chunky stuff behind foreskin post masturbation. Treatment required?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
After a masterbate my penis head turns red and I have chunky stuff behind the head underneath the foreskin what is going on and do I need to see a doctor and if so which doctor do I go to?
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 20 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed that your glans penis looks red after you masturbate.

During erection and on sexual arousal there is increase blood flow to the entire penis including glans penis,

This remains congested for few minutes even after ejaculation and that is the reason your glans (Head of the Penis) looks red.

As regards chunky stuff behind head it is a secretion of glands located around the urethra that secrete oily secretion to act as a lubricant during sex.When this secretion gets concentrated it forms a thick white stuff called as smegma which gets deposited around the coronal sulcus.

You have to clean your genitals every day while taking bath to prevent infection..

Do not worry you do not need to go to any Doctor.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Penile head turns red, get chunky stuff behind foreskin post masturbation. Treatment required? 3 minutes later
Ok you have thank you are there any certain soaps that I should use for a area like that

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 14 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
You can use normal soap used for bathing .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Penile head turns red, get chunky stuff behind foreskin post masturbation. Treatment required? 8 hours later
Will it ever go away and it's been going on for a couple of weeks any cause for worry?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 44 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for writing again.
Glans will become normal as regards smegma it is a continuous process and you have to wash it everyday while taking bath,
Thanks and regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Penile head turns red, get chunky stuff behind foreskin post masturbation. Treatment required? 2 hours later
So nothing really to worry about? cause its stays red for a while afterwards and like I said it's been going on for a sometime now

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 hours later
Hello
Thanks for fresh query.
Do not worry It is really not serious issue to be worried about.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.