Penile blood, viagra, mixed with urine, no pain

Urologist
Question
Age 57 weight 14 stones height 6ft 1 non smoker
Had a pee and noticed a little blood coming from penis,didnt appear to be mixed with urine and on further investigation when i squeezed the tip of my penis a tiny amount came out .
I thought must be a cut as the colour was like fresh blood identical to when i cut myself from shaving.
The only other thing to say is that i have drunk loads of water and keep checking but no signs at all of any blood.
The night before i was very active at sex with my partner and again just before noticing this i was fairly erect as i needed to go to the toilet which somewhat interfered with our lovemaking
Finally i would like to add that there is no pain at all or difficulty in peeing nor have i had previous problems.
Being as honest as possible the only bad thing is we sometimes experiment with viagara more as a recreational sex drug than a need and this was the case a day before.
I have tried to give you a full and informative account as i have never had the need to go to a doctor and on reading about this there appears to be too many mixed answers.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 9 hours later
Dear Mr XXXXXXX

The small amount of bleeding after a sexual intercourse could be due to an injury to the glans, causing prostatic or urethral blood vessels to bleed, it is common and expected to happen with Viagra use. This is nothing to worry about.

However,going by the protocol, it is recommended that at the age of 57, with a history of XXXXXXX blood from any part of the urinary tract must need thorough physical examination to find out the cause.Stone in the urinary tract,infection and tumor are other possible causes. The urologist may do few tests like urine and blood followed by scan. He may request a CYSTOSCOPY as well.The treatment starts
once the cause is identified. Even if there is no more blood, it is a
must to undergo the above evaluation.

Hope this answers your query,I am available for follow ups as well.