Passing stools only after using enema. What is the solution?

my one and half year baby boy is having a problem in passing stools from last 6 month..every 10 to 12 days after is trying to pass the stool by he is not able to pass it...we have shown to the child doctor he suggested falaxee syrup 3 teaspoon every night and in morning if he doesnt pass stool then give enema to him..we are following the consultation from last 20 days but he had not passed the stool by his we have to give him enema every 2nd day then he pass his stools. doc would u please give me solution to my problem as i m afraid to give him enema every 2nd day..his stool is black and every hard...waiting for your answer
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: diet and patience is key with medicines Detailed Answer: Hi there. Though there are rare causes of constipation that at times it may need serious investigation or surgery. . Commonly constipation is related to milk or formula dominant diet or feeding. whenever a child is constipated.. process is likely to have been started many months its surely not easy to cure it in less than 100 days. often suppositories are easy and more efficacious than enema which at times may be harmfulin little infants. Most such babies may need daily suppositories rectally for around a month or more... with stool softening calcium carbonate syrups.. laxatives and stopping milk, XXXXXXX ,pomegranate, iron, phosphate and heavy protein feeds including dryfruit extracts. hope that clears the confusion regarding management. thanks. Feel free to write back for further details.