Partner having normal periods. Have to travel. so suggest ways to postpone periods?

Mar 2016

My wife got periods on XXXXXXX 4th ,her period cycle are regular.So next period date will be 2nd of july and we got travel and function on those dates.Is there any way to postpone or prepone the periods.
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later

Yes, hormonal medications are available to postpone or delaying her period for few days. These are widely used for most of the patients.

To postpone her period during those days, she needs to take Norethisterone tab (like PRIMOLUT-N), starting from 3 days prior to period due date and continues as long she wants (max 7 days advisable). She will get a withdrawal bleeding, similar to period within 3-5 days of stop taking the tab. This is a prescription drug. Please get the drug prescribed by her doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health & happy journey.

Dr Soumen