Ask a Urologist   »  

Partial Phimosis

I need to know the best sexologists in Mumbai for treatment of partial phimosis...pls can u recommend some good doctors,,,
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 27 minutes later

Partial phimosis in adult age usually happens due to scarring. Treatment of phimosis skin involves application of vitamin E creams and steroid creams like betamethasone but these are associated with a lower success rate. Surgical treatment provides 100% results.

Personal hygiene is very important. Clean under a retractable foreskin and always reduce it to cover the glans after cleaning.

If symptoms persist then surgical treatment like circumcision and perputioplasty is the only option left.

To find a good urologist in mumbai for your treatment, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at

OR One of our customer care executives will assist you further in finding a good
doctor. (Please send mail to CRM team, YYYY@YYYY )

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Follow-up: Partial Phimosis 18 hours later
Thanks for your prompt reply..But i have a basic doubt..For problems on the partial phimosis which doctor is recommended a Urologists or a Sexologists.....Pls recommend....The problem i have is only during erection when it is painful for the foreskin to slide over the glans and the glans is not exposed so please recoomed accordingly the treatment required.....
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 47 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.

The urologist is the best person in this regard both for conservative treatment as well as for the surgery part.

Sexologists usually only recommend conservative treatment and are not well versed with the surgical treatment.

Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.