Panic attacks, tingling in lower lip. Can this wait?

I am a very anxious person (panic attacks) and get physical symtoms from it. I have had an intermittent tingling (possible slight numbness) in the corner of my lower left lip. It's been a week or so, hasn't gotten worse. I am worrying about that now. Some days nothing others off and on. I have a trip planned for this weekend and my doctor is not in. Can this wait?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 6 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I understand that your lower lip tingling is of concern now.

I have noted your history, and no trauma/any possible reason of aggravation - I would want to tell you that it is not a grave concern and does not mean anything serious.

I do not know if you are presently on any medications for panic attacks, but make sure you have them on the trip. And avoid any tense situations there.

Do not take any adventurous risks is what I suggest.
Curtail your anxiety instead, and I appreciate you for taking time out. Just relax and carry on.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.