Palpitation and headache. Done holter test for bradycardia. Result normal. Reason for headache?

i recently had a 24 hour holter that was benign with 11 hours of bradycardia and a few irregular beats with pvc. overall she said it was normal. someimes i get a heart palpitation and shortly thereafter get a headache. if i do a few crunches it goes away. i am 58 with normal blood pressure and no other health problems. why do i get these headaches after i experience a palpitation?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later

Headache and palpitations go very closely. The flow of blood to the brain during palpitations can be irregular and that is probably a simple explanation.

a. A long run of premature ventricular contractions can result in hypotension which can cause the headache. Exercise in the form of crunches can decrease the rate of PVCs , thereby relieving the hypotension.
b. Orthostatic hypotension: A fall in blood pressure upon assuming an erect posture
c. Anxiety

I would suggest the following:
a. Drink plenty of fluids
b. Do not stand up suddenly from the bed
c. Try XXXXXXX breathing exercises
d. Meditation and yoga will also help
e. No caffeine and Alcohol.

Avoid foods or stressful situations that trigger palpitations.

Fortunately, the majority of patients with palpitations have benign diagnoses and can be treated with reassurance.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.