Painful to move neck, have fibromyalgia, may have twisted neck in sleep. What should I do?

ENT Specialist
I think I have twisted my neck in my sleep I have fibromayagia but this is a different type of pain, its every time I move my neck, Its very painful, What should I do?
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 26 minutes later

Thanks for the query

According to the description, you seem to be having a sprain in the neck muscles. This is due to wrong posture maintained during your sleep.

Do not worry! This is a simple problem. You need to take muscle relaxant with a pain killer (such as a combination of tizanidine and diclofenac) and a topical pain killer like diclofenac gel (Volini gel). Avoid sudden neck movements for few days till the pain subsides.

With the above measures you should be alright. If the problem persists even after 3-4days please consult your doctor.

Hope I have answered the query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon