Painful swelling and lump in the testicular sac after hernia surgery. On antibiotics. Treatment?

My husband had a double hernia surgery in March of last yr...his testicular sac swelled to the size of a grapefruit.. two weeks later the drs finally acknowledged there was a problem, they started removing the fluid via syringe..roughly 3 different times. Then the problem was still worse.. almost 2 months after first sugery they said he had a hydrocele and they needed to put a stint in. They did this at the end of may/early XXXXXXX The pain is excrutiating to this day and they have put him on and off of anitbiotics and pain meds and anit inflammatory..when we call the dr he either doesn't believe him or his office says he's on vacation. He's had an ultra sound and it came back with alot of infected tissue in his testicular sac not to mention the Dr. sent him for a Xray of his back (he said he may be a pinched nerve) nothing came back with that. Also the Dr. injected a high dosage of antibiotics right into the site of the infection. That was 3 months ago. Its now almost January and he's in alot of pain, it's still swollen on the one side and the other testicle has a pea sized lump on it (we found it yesturday) but the dr is on "vacation". What should we do? P.S.- We already seen different specialists in the same office.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Your husband is already taking anti inflammatories and antibiotics for the inflamed tissue in his testicular sac.
The pea sized swelling on the other testis needs to be examined and an ultrasound or FNAC may be needed to know the nature of swelling.
Chronic conditions like uncontrolled diabetes needs to be ruled out. I suggest you to consult a urologist for further evaluation and treatment.
I'm limited here with the inability to examine your husband, hence I'll not be able to give you more information regarding the possibilities and further treatment.
A second opinion from a urologist will guide you further about the treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.