Painful lump in the armpit. Need check up?

A painful, marble sized lump below my right armpit has appeared recently. I do not use deodorants and shower daily at night.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Abid 45 minutes later
Hi there....
And sorry to hear about your problem.
I will try my best to help you out.
As you mentioned you have painful lump below right armpit,it is possible that Lump is axillary lymph node that has been enlarged because of infection/inflammation in its drainage area,you may need to get local examination of Lump and observe it carefully for increase in its size. If it increases, get examined by doctor locally.
Body has extensive lymphatic system that is composed of lymph vessels and lymph nodes that collect lymp from body, inflammation, infection in its respective drainage area can swell up that nodes,so swollen node should ideally be investigated.
Regards and wish you good health.
Follow-up: Painful lump in the armpit. Need check up? 1 hour later
Thanks for the info. I will be seeing my doc soon, but having access to doctors on the Internet is an opportunity I cannot pass up.
I enjoy the research. I could've been a doctor if it weren't for the school involved. Ha! Thanks again

Answered by Dr. Abid 1 hour later
Yes I agree with you. Research is exciting and enjoyable. When it comes to one's health getting personalized answers from authentic medical experts is even more assuring.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention, “Dr. Abid". And please do not forget to close this discussion and rate my answer.

Have a nice time.