Painful feet, positive ANA, caked sores. Possible to have HIV symptoms and not be detected in the test?

I was perfectly healthy until 9 months ago when i woke up with severe abdominal pain.I went to the ER after 3 different episodes of abdominal pain in about a 3 week period which i did have vomit and diarrhea during the 2nd episode only. I had inflammation in the small bowel and my platelets were low at 53,000.We started to monitor my levels and i ended up having a HIV. My HIV 1&2 AB at 87 days days since possible exposure of unprotected vaginal sex came back not detected and i had an HIV RNA Quantitive HIV PCR Quant,Log 10 Hiv and the results came back Not Detected at 94 days since the same possible exposure.How accurate are those results within that window period? I read mixed comments on the "window period" and accuracy of the test. About 5 months later, since my abdominal issue and discovery of low platelets, i now was tested positive XXXXXXX 1:1280 and low vitamin D 22.3. Further test for Lupus ,Lymes were taken but nothing found.Around this same time my bottoms of my feet started causing me pain. I also got severe fatigue,body aches,white patchy tongue with ridged edges.My retest came back lower but still positive XXXXXXX 15.Currently my platelets are 64,000 and feet still painful over 4 months now,i get occasional caked sores.Is it possible to have HIV symptoms and NOT be detected in the test i did at 87 & 94 days?I just went for an MRI that shows i have inflammation in the small intestine which i had 9 months ago in the ER.I have to schedule a colonoscopy now. What things should i be looking for? Does HIV cause inflammation of the small bowel that would've been 36 days after possible exposure?
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 16 hours later
Hi Dear,

I have gone through your query.Thanks for detailed description.

After all the health problems you are facing are not related to HIV illness.

HIV seroconversion starts with fever, lymphadenopathy ,infectious mononucleosis like rash. Total counts are low.

HIV becomes symptomatic years after the infection and starts with prolonged fever, diarrhea , weight loss , cough.

Approximately within 30 days the ELISA for HIV becomes positive.

As you have undergone PCR for HIV which has came negative you dont have HIV.PCR test is highly reliable.

Your Intestinal problems and low platelet count are not related to HIV.
Their cause must be investigated and follow up should be kept.

In nutshell I would like to reassure you that you dont have HIV and should not be worried for it.

Hope this helps.

If you have any further queries feel free to ask them.