Pain under lower ribcage. Taking cefdinir for sinus infection. Could this be a side-effect of the Cefdinir?

I am in Day 4 of a 10 day regimen of Cefdinir for a sinus infection. While my symptoms are improving, I developed a pain under my lower left ribcage which increases when I take a take a deep breath and when I place pressure in that location which started 8 hours ago. Taking a Tums didn't help. I haven't done anything strenuous. Could this be a side-effect of the Cefdinir?
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

Although abdominal pain and tenderness were reported with the use of Cefdinir they are not significant. The symptoms that you display may not be related to Cefdinir too. In such a case it warrants an examination of the abdomen.

Ideally you should see the doctor who prescribed you the medicine for other causes of pain.

Hope this helps.