Pain in the middle and lower right side of the stomach. Not appendicitis. Any suggestion?

Hi, I got this pain on the middle and lower right side of the stomach since 3 months ago. Sometimes, it radiates to the lower back. First, my doc thought it was appendicitis, but it was not. Then she thought it was IBS and asked me to cut all the caffeine, carbonated drinks and taking some IBS support tablets. But the pain won't completely go away. It becomes unbearable near my period. There's no constipation, no vomiting, just the pain on the right side. Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need to be evaluated.... Detailed Answer: Hi, I went through the details posted with diligence. Before I would attribute this pain to IBS, I would order test to rule out a few important conditions which can cause similar right side pain. I am not sure if the doctor has ordered investigations on you in the past, but if I were to be your doctor, I would first order an ultrasound abdomen to rule out ovarian / renal cyst, enlarged lymph nodes, adenomyosis/endometrosis, ureteric colic and other pelvic pathology. Ultrasound is an useful investigations to rule out the aforementioned pathologies. Since you report the pain is particularly very strong as you are close to your period days, I suggest you to take a second opinion from a gynecologist. I am sure the gynecologist will consider ultrasound scan in the first place and guide you accordingly with other investigations. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: Pain in the middle and lower right side of the stomach. Not appendicitis. Any suggestion? 13 minutes later
Thanks for your answer. I'll go to Gynaecologist for the second opinion as well. I have a history of complex right ovarian cyst, which was found out with a CT scan at the end of August 2013, but 2 times follow up ultrasounds revealed the cyst went away already . And appendix was also normal. But my right side pain is still there, especially when my bladder is full and as I mentioned, worse when it gets close my period days. Thanks for ideas and suggestions.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are welcome... Detailed Answer: Hi, I feel you might have new cysts formation. Any way, I am sure you will have information and answers to your problem after the gynec visit. Hope your time on XXXXXXX was helpful. If you have no more questions to me, please close this discussion. Regards