Pain in the lower abdomen, lesion on pelvis, CT scan done, treated for Endometriosis. Possible risks?

I'm currently having severe pain in the lower right abdomen. The CT scan shows I have a solid lesion of 3.7cms on my right pelvis(suspect endometrioma). I have previously been treated for endometriosis. What are my options in getting treated and what are the possible risks?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Endometriosis is known for recurrence even after a full cure. It seems that the solid lump on the right pelvis is endometrioma. Since this time the lump seems to be attached to the bone, its complete removal by surgery seems to be difficult. Still your gynecologist will be the best person to assess the extent of the lump and its chances of complete removal.
The risks involved are the usual risks associated with any surgery. There are chances of partial removal resulting in chronic pelvis pain and relapse of your symptoms.
After the surgery a biopsy will only reveal if there are any abnormal cells present in it or not. Usually benign growths are well defined and encapsulated and are not adherent to bone. Surgical removal is probably the only option left for you.
Hope this answers your query.I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.