Pain in the left side of the chest

i,hve pain on the left side of chest both front and back,i hve history of cold,my haematology test ,haemoglobin is 14.9gm%,rbc 5.09 millions/cumm,wbc 9600/,neutrphil 36%,lymphocyte 36%,monocyte 01%,eosinophil 27%,basophil 00%,no malariya parasite,my age is 44 yrs.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting query.

Your blood reports are absolutely normal.There could be couple of reason for pain that you have.I hope you had your blood pressure checked when you have visited your doctor and it is normal.

When ever cough and cold happens some sort of discomfort in chest is common and once this cough and cold gets treated discomfort also goes away.

Pain as I said is muscular only and there is no need to worry.Any pain in chest on any side along with high grade fever and cough needs attention and investigation which in your case is already done and are normal.

The pain must be while coughing or changing posture or doing something.

I think you are worried because the pain is on left side.Cardiac pains are usually associated with perspiration, breathlessness and palpitation.They are not affected by posture and increase on exertion.Which is not the case with you.

Complete the treatment as advised by your doctor for cough and cold.Apply some local analgesic pain cream if your concerned with.Any usual pain if comes as described above please bring it to the notice of your doctor.

Take light diet,avoid lifting weight,take medicines and you will be fine.Still if you are concerned with some thing please let me know some more details like
1.your blood pressure
2.medicines you are taking,current and on regular basis if any,
3.any past history you have
4.Time and frequency of pain.

If you want something more to know from me please write to me again,I will be glad to answer that.

Bye and take care.