Pain in stomach, vomiting sensation, indigestion and weight gain. Underlying cause?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
Hi last few days i facing some trouble in stomach .light pain and voimiting tendency.slight headache also.getting indigestion problem also and weight gain a lot.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 25 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX,

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Pain in stomach, vomiting sensation, indigestion all are looking like related to acidity related problems.

Headache may be due to indigestion of food or due to vomiting sensation.

The following problems will present with these type of complaints:

1.Gastritis

2.Acid peptic disease which is commonly called acidity, stomach ulcer.

3.Gastroesophageal reflux.

The main problem in these diseases is caused by the acid.

The acid causes gastric mucosa erosion, ulcers, and esophageal damage due to reflux of acid into food pipe.

Endoscopy of upper gastrointestinal tract may be required to look for any changes in esophagus and stomach.

These are effectively treated by using antacids, proton pump inhibitor drugs like omeprazole, and by using prokinetic drugs like domperidone.

Weight gain may be due to genetic reasons, hormonal problems, sedentary life styles, and may be due to consumption of calorie dense food.

Hormonal problems can be ruled out by investigating with thyroid profile to look for hypothyroidism.

Therefore I advise you to consult a Physician for physical examination and to investigate for acidity problem and excessive weight gain.

Avoid spicy food, carbonated drinks, caffeinated drinks like tea and coffee.

Daily moderate exercises for 40 minutes will help to decrease the weight in addition to a strict diet plan.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Pain in stomach, vomiting sensation, indigestion and weight gain. Underlying cause? 1 hour later
Hi My husband facing some health issue.loss weight and seating lots,specially in the night.high hot intolerance.arms aro so sticky.

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 22 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX,

Thank you for getting back.

Loss of weight, hot intolerance, sticky with sweating are usually symptoms of thyroid and they are seen in hyper function of the thyroid but may be seen in other medical problems.

So physical examination and investigations are required to diagnose the problems for his complaints.

Is your husband is having any prolonged fever or prolonged cough?

Has he suffering from any medical problem?

How is his appetite?

How much weight has he lost and what is his present weight?

Any investigations done for his problems and what are the results?

Kindly provide the information in your next query so that I will try to guide you in a better way.

Awaiting for your answers to my queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Pain in stomach, vomiting sensation, indigestion and weight gain. Underlying cause? 8 minutes later
Hi s appetite is quite good.did nt have prolonged cough also.aroun 6kg.and specially two arms are so sticky and thin.please can you please let me know the possible cause.his father having high sugar history

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX,

Thank you for getting back.

There are many reasons for loosing weight.

The medical causes for weight loss are less intake of food, chronic infections like tuberculosis, hyperthyroidism, endocrinological problems, undiagnosed and untreated diabetes, and other problems.

What I advise is he requires complete physical examination by a Physician followed by a thorough investigations to find out the underlying problem.

Therefore I advise you bot to consult a good physician for the examination and investigations.

If you don't have any clarification you can close the session and I request you to kindly rate my answer to improve myself to answer in a better way in the future.

Regards.