Pain in right nipple, veins near right breast turned red, causes. Treatment ?

I have pain to my right nipple. Over the course of 24 hours the veins near my right breast have become red not blue. What could be causing this?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

I understand your concern.

Pain in right nipple along with redness indicates some kind of inflammation.

It may be due to accidental trauma which may have gone unnoticed.

I suggest you to apply cold compresses locally to your right nipple thrice in a day for 2 days.

Take simple analgesics like Paracetamol if the pain is severe.

It should come down in 2 days. Do not worry.

If it does not subside by 2 days or if the pain and redness increases, Please consult your doctor for examination.

I hope there was no unnoticed insect or ant bites.

Do not apply any cream or ointment directly on your nipple.

You can also take a single dose of anti-histamine like Tab. Avil to reduce the inflammation after discussing about this with your doctor.

Also, you can check your right nipple for any pus or bloody discharge. I hope there is none.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your follow up queries if any.