Pain in lower abdomen, nausea and headache. Underlying cause?

I am having pain in my lower abdomen directly below my navel area (center of low abdomen). I feel a little nauseated when I think of food. No fever, but I constantly feel like I need to have a bowel movement and pain goes from severe to not so bad when I take tylenol. Standing makes it worse for a few minutes then it calms down. I have gas that is painful and a headache. This started yesterday about 24 hours ago.
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be because of stomach infection.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Pain in the lower abdomen could be because of several causes. Pain associated with abnormal bowel movement could be because of infection of the intestines. Such pain can also be because of appendicitis. A physical examination will help to identify this as the cause. I suggest you to go to the emergency for a urgent physical examination to rule out such conditions.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics