Pain in hip area. Had problem with ligament tear. Done with lumbar X-ray. Bone problem or gastro?

Jun 2013
I have aching continuously in the area above my right hip at the back. It gets worse in the evening but not necessarily after food. I have had this ache in this location for 3 weeks. Previously I had a problem with ligament tear in the sacro-illiac joints - first on the left side and then it seemed to shift across to the right side. I have had a lower lumbar X-ray which revealed "usual wear and tear". I have been diagnosed with osteoporosis in the spine and osteopenia in the hips. The ache is not in the hip joint. There is also some tenderness in the bottom rib on the right side. Could this be related to womb prolapse or is it a digestive tract problem (gallbladder)?

Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 18 minutes later
Hi there ~

It could be either due to a prolapsed uterus or a GI problem that you are having to go through this problem. I recommend that you take yourself and get a complete body scan done. They are usually available as packages and is usually covered by insurance. However, it sounds more like neuropathic pain to me and you should therefore see a neuropsychiatrist at the earliest. I hope this helps.

Take care and let know if you have more questions. Have a lovely day!