Pain in d spine, Can ultrasonic rays, electromagnetic rays and ice packs be used?

Hello Dr.

I am XXXXXXX, 27 yrs old. I am feeling a lot of pain in my spinal cord from last 6 month. after 9-10 hours in office, its very tough for me to sit on seat.
One of my XXXXXXX have suffered with same problem few months back and kind of treatment in which Ultrasonic rays & Electromagnetic rays & ice packs used in treatment. Please clear this treatment so that i may allow same for me.

Any exercise or small methods to solve such problem, please suggest.

Thanks & Regards
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Prolong sitting will result in damage to the ligaments and the bones in the spine leading to severe pain and fusion of the spine vertebral bones resulting in spondylosis.

Best method to avoid spondylosis by exercise, physiotherapy and limiting the hours of prolonged sitting.

Treating with ultrsounds and electromagnets is a modality in physiotherapy , which are very safe and surely provide relief on long term management.I do recommend you to proceed for such a treatment without any fear.

Also I suggest you to wear a LUMBOSACRAL Spine Belt , this will stabilize the spine and reduce the damage and pain.

If pain is too severe for emergency and immediate relief do apply DICLOFENAC gel over the affected area.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.