Pain in chest, swallowing saliva. Have smoking habit. What is it?

I am a smoker and I feel slight pains in my chest and sometimes when I swallow saliva,I feel like there's a stone in my chest. What do I take,please help
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Pain in the chest you could probably be due to ulcers or inflammation in esophagus. Such ulcers or inflammation in the esophagus considering the fact that you smoke; the most probable cause could be acid reflex disease.

I suggest you to take antacids like Tab Prilosec OTC one in the morning before the breakfast for 15 days. This will reduce the acidity and prevent reflux providing you relief.

Do try to quit smoking as it is the triggering cause for such a problem.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Pain in chest, swallowing saliva. Have smoking habit. What is it? 23 minutes later
ok,thanks. What about the pains in the chest,still same?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 16 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, pain in the chest and pain while swallowing could be due to the acid peptic disease explained above.

The antacid would solve the issue.

Wish you good health.