Pain in breast and burning feeling in armpit with some pimple under skin. Breast cancer?

My mother is having occasional pain in both the breasts. This pain eases on sitting in the sun and taking hot showers but increases with stress. Also there is a burning feeling and pain in the armpits alongwith some pimple like things under the skin. This is following a follicolitus that she had in oct 2012.

Is she having breast cancer or the pain is because of breast discomfort caused by age. Please advise at the earliest.
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 13 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
breast pain is not really a symptom for breast cancer. And the kind of pain that you have described fits more with benign disease. The folliculitis may have caused some of it.

But still it would be a good idea to get her breasts examined by a doctor and get a mammogram anyway. I am reasonably sure that nothing serious will come out.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for further queries, if any.
Best wishes.
Follow-up: Pain in breast and burning feeling in armpit with some pimple under skin. Breast cancer? 19 minutes later
Sir thanks for such a prompt reply. can u please suggest some medicines for it. Can blood tests help detect cancer? as ahe is reluctant to go in for mammography.
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 2 hours later
I am afraid I can't suggest medicines online. Blood tests are not good enough to detect cancer. If she is not willing for mammogram then at least she can get herself checked by a physician. She may not even need a mammo.