Pain in armpit connecting to left breast

Orthopaedic Surgeon

I am experiencing pain in my left armpit in the area that connects to my left breast.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Hi there.

Do you feel any lump in the armpit or the breasts ?

Is there any redness or increased warmth over the armpit and breast ?

Is there any discharge from the nipple of the affected side ?

It appears that you may be having an infection of the lymph nodes in the armpit which are quite common. The primary infection could be in you upper limb, breast or regions in the thorax. Other causes could be infection of the Axillary tail of XXXXXXX trauma, tumor etc.

You may apply warm compress over the region which is painful. Take a Paracetamol or Acetaminophen tablet under medical supervision to get relief of pain and fever if present.

It is advisable to see your abscess as an abscess may need to be drained surgically if present. Antibiotics will help in clearing a simple infection. Also your Doctor will rule out other causes of this problem in a systematic approach.

Kindly do respond to my queries for me to be in a better position to help you.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing speedy recovery.