Pain during urination, swollen red testicles. Prescribed hydrocortizone. What could this be?

My 4 yr old son was taken to the urgent care for pain during urination
They stated he had no infection but that he may need to be circumcised if he keeps having these issues
and gave me hydrocortizone for the pain and itching
2 days later he now has a swollen red testicle and he says it is not painful, but im very worried and scared this might be something more
Please help he is terrified of going to the drs because of the harsh treatment of one dr there
he constantly is acting like some thing hurts in his pelvis area but is too afraid to tell me and all i can do is watch and worry
I dont know if another trip to the dr is use ful as they tell me its nothing but he is in obnious pain
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 35 minutes later

I understand your concern.

As your child is having pain during urination and there is discomfort in pelvic area also, I suggest you to get urine examination done both routine and culture sensitivity so as to see if there is any infection and for which a course of antibiotic is needed.

-For pain relief, talk to a doctor about getting a medicine prescription.

-Also give plenty of fluids, fruit juices, vegetable soup, curd

-Avoid all kind of fried and junk food.

Regarding scrotal swelling there is nothing to worry, continue with hydrocortisone ointment and make him to lie down with a pillow under his thigh so as to give support to his scrotum.

Regarding his apprehension, I suggest you to get him examined by another doctor.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any other question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless...