Pain during intercourse. Advice?

Infertility Specialist
I am newly married, i am not able to do the intercourse since she finds it painful
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

I understand the problem you are facing. This is the common problem many couples face during initial days of intercourse. So don’t get disheartened.

Please follow my following advice:

1) See to it that your wife is physically and mentally relaxed before you both start having sexual intercourse.

2) Give adequate time for foreplay before actually starting to have penetrative sex.

3) Use lubricating gel which is available over the counter in India (eg. KY jelly). Apply this gel to entrance of vagina and your penis. This will reduce the friction and pain during entry of penis.

4) Ask your wife not to hold vagina tight and take XXXXXXX breath & leave it loose.

5) Do not force and thrust immediately. Enter slowly and be gentle in strokes for some time.

I reassure you that everything is fine. Mutual cooperation will make act possible and pleasurable to both of you. I hope I answered your query.

Feel free to ask me if I left out addressing any of your concerns. Accept my answer if no more queries.