Ask a Urologist   »  

Pain at tip of penis, painful erection, frequent urination. Could it be from constant masturbation?

Question
hi my name is XXXXXXX for about 3 weeks now i have this achy feeling on the head of my penis and gets worsen when i get an erection and when i get an erection i seem to have to go to the washroom more, i masterbate like 3 to 2 times a day not as much right now because of the aching and constant peeing. befor the aching started i always had to use the rest room but somtimes ital come and go. i dont drink alot of water i try to drink a little but afraid of keep running to the washroom kinda anoys me. could it be from constant masturbating and not letting it rest. please help.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 42 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX,

From your symptoms of pain at tip of penis, painful erection and frequent urination, there is an important possibility that this is due to prostatitis. The typical symptoms of prostatitis are fever, pelvic, testicle, penis tip or rectal pain, frequent and painful urination and ejaculation and incomplete emptying of bladder.

For confirming the diagnosis, you need to get it evaluated from a urologist. He will physically examine you and do a per rectal examination to check the status of prostate. A culture of the expressed prostatic secretions (EPS) can help in ruling out or confirming the diagnosis. A test named as Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) test can also help as PSA is raised in Prostatis.

A Urologist can diagnose the condition by digital examination also. If prostatitis is diagnosed then specific treatment is planned which may include a course of antibiotics.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.