Pain around belly button more towards right, bloated stomach, nausea. Had anal sex a week ago. Why is this?

There is pain around my belly button but more towards the right. When I press down on it, it hurts and if I hold down around my belly button I can feel it pulsing. My tummy seems to be bloating up, I rarely have gas. I feel very nauseous and sometimes my tummy is itchy. Not sure if this is relevant but I had anal sex a week ago but he didn't cum inside me. What could this be?
Posted Mon, 4 Jun 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 25 minutes later

From the details that you have shared, there are couple of possibilities are there in your case.

1. Infection in intestine-may be appendix related pain as it is on right side
2. Excessive gas formation due to some changes in diet
3. Urinary tract problems like infection or stone disease.

I hope your periods are regular and you have not missed it.

Please do the following for pain which should help.

1. Take light diet, more of liquids avoiding solids
2. Take proper rest
3. Take anti spasmodic and antacid tablets you are comfortable with.
4. For nausea you can keep ice or Jello in your mouth.

In case the pain does not subside with in an hour or two or you have vomiting , then it is better consult a physician and get your self examined. In such case you may require some investigations like blood counts, ultrasound to look for the cause and diagnosis.

I do not think that this pain is related to sexual act.
I hope this helps

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Follow-up: Pain around belly button more towards right, bloated stomach, nausea. Had anal sex a week ago. Why is this? 11 minutes later
I have had my gallbladder removed almost 7 years ago.

My period is regular it came the 1st of May, I had anal sex May 9th then immediately the following day, I felt nauseous and began feeling all of my previously stated symptoms.
I am a virgin so this doesn't mean I could be pregnant, right?

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 18 minutes later

Good to hear from you again so soon.

You had your periods on 1st of May. You have not missed it. Please note that unless you missed your period the diagnosis of pregnancy is not possible. Again with anal sex chances of pregnancy are not there.

I think this is something not related to the sexual activity.

Please follow the advice given earlier.

Wishing you speedy recovery.