Pain and burning with mild bleeding in the vagina after intercourse. Is it normal?

Question
hi doctor,
My name is XXXXXXX me and my wife were trying to have sex for the first time... she started feeling pain while the insertion, she could not bear it and the intercourse was not complete, after that she went to washroom, and she was feeling burns and a little amount of blood came out of her vagina, and m more concerned about her.. is she ok or is there some complications that gonna happen.. and what can i do help my wife.. m worried??
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later

Hi there XXXXXXX Thank you for posting your question with XXXXXXX I will do my best to help you.

What you describe here is normal and you and your wife need not worry. Often, at first attempt at intercourse, a woman's hymen will be intact and tear a little when intercourse starts. Even being very gentle this may happen for the first few times but it will be less painful and bleed less or not at all as you go along.

This is going to come right very quickly. Before starting intercourse make sure that your wife is fully aroused and that her needs are being met. Good luck. Take care and have a long and happy marriage.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

Follow-up: Pain and burning with mild bleeding in the vagina after intercourse. Is it normal? 1 hour later
hi Dr. Rynne,

Thank you for answering the question, this was such a relief that she is gonna fine and its normal... thank you doc for all the wishes if i need anymore help..

Will surely get back to you.

thanks again Dr. Rynne.

Regards XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 14 minutes later
You are very welcome XXXXXXX Cheers.