Pain after pyeloplasty surgery. Had kidney stones and stent removed. Growth or scar tissue or nerve damage?

I am 58 yrs. old. I had a open pyloplasty surgery 8yrs ago. It went well. Since then, over the years, where the surgeon cut, all across my entire right waist, it hurts. Lately moreso. Its hard, lopsided, because of how they had to put me back together. Like a pinching, achy pain. If I am sitting its not bad, its when I walk or lift. I just had 3 procedures for kidney stones, and had a stent removed last week. So I had 3 abdominal/pelvic ct scans done in a period of 3 months. Wouldn't they beable to see something there in my waist area, if there was like a growth or scar tissue,maybe nerve pain..damage>
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later

All these symptoms you are experiencing are probably related to the pyeloplasty surgery.

It is probably a consequence of nerve damage as well muscle weakness secondary to the surgery.

No test shall pick up this abnormality and nothing much can be offered to you as effective treatment.

However you could try pain killers like Tab.Tylenol twice a day. Applying cold or warm compresses directly to a painful area often helps.

Pain due to nerve damage can be treated by disrupting a nerve pathway that transmits pain signals. The pathway is disrupted by injecting a caustic substance (such as phenol) into a nerve to destroy it, by freezing the nerve (in cryotherapy), or by burning the nerve with a radiofrequency probe.

Ultrasonography that provides XXXXXXX heat (diathermy) may relieve the pain of osteoarthritis and muscle strain. Some people benefit from transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS). A gentle electric current is applied through electrodes placed on the skin's surface.

Biofeedback and other cognitive techniques (such as relaxation training, hypnosis, and distraction techniques) can help people control, reduce, or cope with pain by changing the way they focus their attention.

Physical therapy or chiropractic therapy also can treat chronic pain.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.