What causes burning sensation in the right leg?

Question
Last few days had a burning sensation in my right leg near the hip now have a numbness like having an epidural?
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Methylcobalamine supplementation can help in relieving the symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Your symptoms seem consistent with peripheral neuropathy. I would need to ask you if you are a diabetic. Deficiency of Vitamin B12 could also give rise to such a presentation. Taking methylcobalamine (Vitamin B12) 1500 mcg supplement per day for at least a couple of weeks should help in improving the situation.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: What causes burning sensation in the right leg? 41 minutes later
Yes, I am diabetic since 1994, but I have never had this in my upper thigh or hip area. Using a TENS unit and can barely feel at setting 25. I do have vitamin B12 will take to see if it eases off. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Peripheral neuropathy can frequently occur in diabetics.

Detailed Answer:
Prolonged diabetes predisposes you to development of peripheral neuropathy. You need to stay alert about this possibility and also continue to take vitamin B12 for a while.