Pain after ejaculation. Ultra scan showed slightly swollen prostate. What should i do?

After ejaculation I have pain in the anal/prostate area for a few hours afterwards. I had to urinate or defecate even though when trying to do so nothing would come out. . I sit for long hours at work and only get out to exercise once a week of late. Last few weeks diet consisted of Spicy foods. i had a ultrascan taken for the prostate the doctor told its fine but its mildly swollen(4.1cms X 2.9cms X 4.2cms vol=26.2cc). I am not able to sleep properly beacause of this
Posted Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

To me, you might be having what looks like inflammation in the prostate or seminal vesicles.

Things that would help are

1.     Urine culture to choose the right antibiotic.
2.     Antibiotics for at least one month.
3.     Alpha blockers.
4.     Stool softeners.
5.     Regular sex or masturbation.
6.     Muscle relaxants.
Kindly speak to your doc about these issues and get well soon.

Hope this helps, kindly get back for doubts if any.