PSA tests done, DRE normal, slight enlargement on the left, Pelvic CT scan done, prostrate unremarkable. What does this mean?

Urologist
Question
PSA Test
2003 1.4,
Sep 2006 1.7,
Sep 2008 1.2
Aug 2009 1.8
Aug 2011 2.5 DRE normal but Dr said slight emlargment on the left otherwise normal
Palvis CT Scan in Aug2011 say Prostate is unremarkable
What should I do next
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 4 hours later

I have reviewed your serial PSA reports and physical as well as radiological examination.
You don't need to do anything actively at this point of time other than probably repeat a PSA after 6 months.

I hope I have answered your query.

Regards.

Follow-up: PSA tests done, DRE normal, slight enlargement on the left, Pelvic CT scan done, prostrate unremarkable. What does this mean? 9 hours later
You say probably repeat psa after six months
My question is repeat psa after six month from now or from the last psa test aug 2011

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 15 hours later

Thanks for reverting.

I would suggest that you get PSA repeated now itself and let your mind rest in peace.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Regards.