Ovulation study, ovary size small with endometrium. Medicine change will lead to problems?

Infertility Specialist
Hi, I have been doing ovulation study for last 2 cycles and again in this 3rd cycle. My doctor had given me STIMUFOL-5 for last 2 cycles with which I was having proper ovulation on 15th day of the cycle with ovary size as 19mm each and endometrium as 8 mm.However, in this cycle, my doctor has changed the medicine and has given Fertomid - 50 mg. But while doing ovulation study this time, my ovary sizes are still too small on 13th day with endometrium as 6.4 mm. Is there any problem due to medicine change?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 14 hours later

Stimufol-5 (letrozole) is now banned by the government for stimulation of the ovary to help patients conceive.

The other drug fertomid - is Clomiphene citrate.

Since the mechanism of action of the drugs is different - this difference in response can be observed in patients. There is nothing to be worried about at this moment.

Please continue as your doctor has prescribed and see how your body responds. They might step up the dose if the response is poor for the next cycle.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have further queries.

Dr Nandita Thakkar