Overweight, have oily scalp and hair fall problem. How to lose weight and control hair fall?

Ayurveda Specialist
Hi I have a lot of hair fall problem. I am from South India, so I have naturally wavy and thick hair with an oily scalp and dry ends.
I am noticing a lot of hairfall off late mostly due to my lifestyle and stress levels perhaps.
I am also weighing 66.7 kilos and my height is 5feet 5 inches. Is there anything I can do to bring my weight down? No matter how much I exercise or diet I have not been able to bring it below 64 kilos.

Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 2 hours later

I have gone through your mail and you have rightly mentioned the causes responsible for both your problems. Hair fall and obesity have a direct link with stress and life style. A balanced diet and regular exercise can initiate the process for gaining desired.To check weight there is a formula that you have to take only and only meals and nothing but meals. No extra sweets tea coffee or aerated drinks etc. With this restriction you will have to adopt brisk walking. If both these are done simultaneously then the weight shows signs of reduction. In ayurvedic panch karma there is a procedure called udvartan, this is dry massage with herbal powders. Internally arogya vardhini vati with medhohar guggul and dashmoolarisht are recommended for you along with this add tab. XXXXXXX pishti to check hair fall. Keep bowels clean trifla at bed time can speed up the process.

Wish you perfect health.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul