Overdose of b17 tablets. Harmful?

I took 5 b17 500mg pills yesterday and I took 5 today. can this harm me? I just found out what they could do.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later

Thanks for posting you query on XXXXXXX

b17 (amygdalin) tablets are claimed to be made from raw Apricot Seed. These are mainly promoted for use in cancer patients. Though 6 to 8 tablets per day are recommended in some stages of cancer therapy, let me remind you that it is not an "approved" medicine to "cure" cancer. Hence you are strictly advised not to take this tablet without the consultation of your physician.

Remember natural fruits contain the best anti oxidants.

As far as side effects are concerned , not more than nausea has been reported commonly.

Also b17 is currently not approved by US FDA.

Hope, I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if there are no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra