Orange bleeding, trying to conceive. Am I pregnant because I have had a few pregnant symptoms?

I got my period a day early and my husband and I have been TTC and used OPK's and Pre-seed as a safe lube and my period blood is bight orange! I am freaked out! Am I pregnant because i have had a few pregnancy symptoms. I am Active Duty so I am always busy but for the past week or two I have been so tired like fall asleep anywhere. I would like some advice before I go see army doctors that are detatched from eveything but themselves. PLEASE!
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

You have history of one medical termination of pregnancy and one pre-term delivery following which child died due to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).

The symptoms you have had including the bright orange periods are not clear signs of pregnancy. I suggest you to undergo a simple urine test using home pregnancy kit (Urine pregnancy test) which will show positive if you are indeed pregnant.

You have been experiencing tiredness and drowsiness which again do not confirm pregnancy. The more clear symptoms of pregnancy (as you might know) are missed periods, food cravings, darkening of areolas, Implantation bleeding or cramping, frequent urination, fatigue, tender swollen breasts, altered sense of taste, morning sickness, etc.

I understand that you are trying to conceive and use Ovulation Predictor Kit (OPK). The OPK will help you pinpoint LH (Leutinising hormone) surge and help you predict when you will ovulate. If you are trying to conceive from a long time, it is better to consult a Gynecologist and do the necessary tests to plan your treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.