Open heart surgery done. Suffering from extreme fatigue, dizziness and occasionally fainting. What's wrong?

I have had two open heart surgeries in the past year, one for mitral valve repair and the next for mv replacement. I know have a St. XXXXXXX mechanical valve. It has been six months since my second OHS, I am still suffering from extreme fatigue, dizziness, and occasionally fainting; my resting heart rate is 98 bpm. I am taking Carvedilol to help with the heart rate. I just had an echo done and the report states I have trace tricuspid regurgitation and mild to moderate pulmonic insufficiency. These are new findings and have not been evident in the past three echos I have had. My cardiologist said to just come back for follow up in three months and doesn't suggest anything needs to be done to resolve my symptoms or what the echo findings suggest. I am 44 years old. Any ideas?
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The symptoms that you are having are not likely to be related to the traces of tricuspid regurgitation which has been diagnosed recently.
The feeling of extreme fatigue and dizziness could be related to-
1. Anaemia- reduced blood hemoglobin levels. This can be ruled out by getting a complete blood picture done.
2.Cardiac problem- Missing heart beats are one of the common causes of dizziness or it might happen due to some irregularities in the cardiac impulse. This can be ruled out on having an ECG done.
3.Weakness, any infections in the recent past, lack of proper regular meals, as a side effect of some medicines, electrolyte imbalance, etc.
All these factors will have to be ruled out with the help of your physician to come to the actual problem for treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.