On welbutrine and experiencing dizziness, tired, sharp chest pains. Suggest?

Ive been on welbutrine for three weeks and am experiencing dizziness, very tired, sharp chest pains once in a while.
I am 51 year old female recently divorced?
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 48 minutes later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your available history. Please let me know whether you are taking any other medicines or having any physical illness if any.

Welbutrin contains bupropion which is good anti depressant drug.

Your symptoms might be because of
- Physical causes
- As side effect of bupropion.
- As symptom of depression or anxiety.
You should consult your psychiatrist for detailed evaluation. Your doctor may rule out physical causes if any, responsible for your symptoms. For that, doctor may advise you to go for blood tests including electrolytes.

Doctor may advise you to reduce the dose of bupropuon if possible or may change the antidepressant drug.

You may get benefit in depression by counselling or stress management. You should do breathing exercise and meditation to get control over stress.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have further query.