On physiotherapy, taken steroid injections, symptoms seem to be worsening. Normal?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
referring back to my initial problems etc. I have been currently having physio and now also had a steroid injection into the illium 48 hrs ago. Is it normal to have a worsening of symptoms after. Last 2 nights have not been able to sleep for discomfort further up my back. Also when I bend or do the physio exercises the pain from the buttocks down my leg etc is moderate pain. Is this normal after this injection and how long does it take to work or not?
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Hello friend,

I am Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi; I am orthopedic surgeon.

Steroid injections give pain for initial 24 to 72 hours.
Pain is due to excessive volume of fluid in particular area.
This pain will subside in 24 hours.

You should take anti-inflammatory with painkiller prescribed by your doctor.

Let me know if I can help you further.