On new medication for vocal fold disorder. Noticed white spots under tongue with swelling. Remedy?

ENT Specialist
I have been on new medications for vocal fold disorder. Noticed white spots under tongue with slight swelling.
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 47 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. If you have recent vocal cord paralysis, your medicines may include high dose steroids.

2. Steroids suppress immunity and hence this may be a developing infection in the floor of the mouth. Also get your salivary glands examined and get a dental reference done.

3. You must get this to the attention of your doctor as soon as possible.

4. If you can upload close up images, it may be possible to identify the lesions.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, l will be available to answer them.